I've been doing quite a bit of online research on the topic of online dating.
- In general, women are 20 pounds heavier than they report and men are 2 inches shorter than they report. When it comes to being elusive online, women are vague about their age and weight, and men are vague about their age and height.
- People are usually about 20% poorer than they report.
- The more attractive the online photo is, the more likely it is out-of-date (over 6 months to 2 years).
- Older online daters tend to upload more dated photos.
- The vast majority (about 80%) of people who self-identify as bisexual are really only interested in one gender.
- The online dating industry is estimated to be worth about $4 billion and that number is growing.
- In the US, it is reported that there are between 20 and 40 million people on online dating sites each month.
- About 25% of online daters are currently married.
- About 1 in 5 of online daters are currently in or have dated someone they met online.
- According to okcupid.com, a 26 year old female have more online pursuers than their male counterpart. However, by age 48, men have about twice as many pursuers than a 48 year old female.
- As they get older, men who date online begin to search for younger and younger women and their upper-age threshold gets smaller.
What are your thoughts on this info? Feel free to share any personal stories you may have had with online dating!