I hesitate to post this because I'm not completely sure I have enough assignments for a part time intern. I'm super anal about stuff and it can be really hard for me to turn over work to someone else. However, I think the time has come to bit the bullet so to speak and surrender.
Ideally the person would be physcially located somewhat close to me (San Francisco Bay Area) so we could meet in person every once in awhile, but, honestly, all the work is pretty much research based. There is the room for business development tasks but that is dependant upon your specific skill set. I'm also open to having you help in workshop curriculum development if that is your thing.
Here are the qualities I am looking for:
- Comfortable with the topics of sex and sexuality
- Have regular access to a computer and the internet
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate well through text, voicemail, email
- Good writing/editing skills
- Familiarity with social media, particularly when it comes to setting up and editing blogs
- Ability to prioritize and stick to one assignment
- Someone who is resourceful and knows how to get things done
- Someone who has a strong interest or has already interned within the sex educator community
- Someone who sees this non paid internship as an opportunity to get to know the ins and outs of running your own business as well as what it is like to be a sex educator
- Someone who identifies or is comfortable with the LBGTQIQ community
Again, this is a very part time (approximately 3 to 5 hours a week) and unpaid internship. If you are in school, I can follow what ever procedures are needed in order for you to get credit.
I'm looking to have the person start between the beginning to mid October, 2011.
If you are interested, please send me a short email as to why you are looking for an internship in the field of sex and sexuality along with any important information that would be helpful in helping me make a decision.
Fyi, If you are not local, then we would probably skype a lot in the beginning of the internship.
Emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much!