I love that I have a really unique perspective into sex and sexuality because I worked in the field of HIV prevention in San Francisco. What I am sharing with you are solely my observations and so -called "secrets" that I saw first hand over multiple years. It may not be something you ever come to understand or condone, as everyone has a different comfort level with anything related to sex. Also, nothing is 100% absolute when it comes to sex and sexuality. Rather, the behaviors will be mostly true for many people and among certain populations. Also, and I know this might disappoint you, not everything I cover is related to sex.
I really want to make sure that you are aware I am not making judgments here, but giving you more of an insight into what has become part of my world.
These are in no particular order:
- Many hetero men love the fantasy of a 3some with 2 other women. In reality, many men will find that they women get so into the same sex sexual play that the man feels like he is neglected or ends up masturbating while watching the 2 women go at it.
- Heterosexual men often misjudge their penis to be inches bigger than it really is.
- When a man who identifies as being straight engages in sexual activity with another man, it will be highly likely that he will gladly and voraciously suck another man's cock.
- When a man who identifies as being straight engages in penetrative anal sex with another man, he will likely be the bottom or receptive partner.
- Not all men who have sex with men like to be anally penetrated.
- Not all men who have sex with men like to give blow jobs.
- Not all men who have sex with men like receiving blow jobs.
- Some straight identified men don't consider them penetrating another man to be "gay behavior".
- Certain locations like rest/bathroom stops are hugely popular for same sex male sexual activity (*they need not identify as being gay) during the morning and evening commuter hours.
- Even though many gay men claim or say they are "versatile", they usually almost always prefer being either a top or a bottom.
- Some people prefer that certain drugs be taken by "booty bumping" or through anal absorption.
- Not everyone who is HIV positive is on or interested in taking HIV medications.
- Not everyone who is HIV positive discloses this information to sexual partner(s).
- Not everyone asks a potential sexual partner(s) about their sexual health.
- Some people claim to be HIV positive when they are HIV negative for a variety of reasons.
- Some people have purposefully become HIV positive.
- Many men who are interested in having sex with a male to female transgendered woman fantasize about sucking their cock and being anally penetrated.
- Many male to female transgendered women are on estrogen hormones which makes it difficult for them to get or sustain an erection.
- Some male to female transgendered women will inject black market silicone straight into their body in lieu of getting silicone breast or buttock implants.
- Not everyone in the LGBTQIQ community wants or has the desire to be a poster child, activist, or educator for their community.
- Almost anything can become a fetish.
- Not one population or community is immune from getting foreign objects stuck up their ass.
- Some gay men don't feel like they really belong to the SF gay community unless they are HIV positive.
- Many gay men are comfortable having others in their community referring to them as a homo, mo, girl, or other common gay slangs.
- There is such a thing as "straight time" and "gay time", and gay time refers to running late.
- Many gay men could care less about the anti "that's so gay" campaign.
- Many major corporations have "gay specific" ads that run in places like the Castro in San Francisco.
Is this post too much for you to handle, or is it just something you have learned to expect from me?