Women. We sure are complicated creatures. A while back I blogged about what men wished you knew about their bodies, and it occurred to me that I should do a similar post for women.
Here's the thing, though. For some reason, I felt much more confident writing the post about men. This shouldn't be the case. After all, I am a woman *checking my lady parts*! Maybe my hesitation is because women are so uniquely varied. In any case, I will state that my suggestions will apply to *most* women in your life. Fair enough?
- Our weight generally goes up or down about 5 pounds. This can be due to a variety of things like menstruation, how much water we drink, and what we eat. When we are feeling on the heavy side, we are much more conscience about where and how you touch us. All I can say is deal with it.
- Most women have places where they don't like to be touched. For me, it is my stomach. I'm not 22 anymore, and I'm still not down with the extra jiggle, but I'm not quite motivated to begin working out again. For some women it is their thighs or butt. Once you figure out which areas we are insecure about, do what you can to either respect the no touching zone, or, alternatively, tell us how much you like that area.
- What we sexually desired yesterday may not be what we desire today. I know, it sucks, but as my mom used to tell me, "A woman always reserves the right to change her mind". A woman's sexual response cycle changes through out her lifetime. What (or even which gender) we liked in our 20's isn't necessarily going to be what gets us off when we are in our 30's and beyond. For example, just because we had anal sex with you or tried a new position doesn't mean we want to do it again. But how do I know, Catherine? Communication is essential in having a fulfilling sex life, so do your best to talk with her about it. One important note: Never talk about sexuality issues when you are having sex or fooling around.
- Some women are super insecure about how their vulva/vagina smells and/or tastes. If you never go down on us, then we are going to think that is the reason why. Many men claim they don't do cunnilingus because of a bad past experience. If this is the case, get over it already! We aren't the person who seemingly traumatized you so don't remove it permanently from your sexual repertoire.
- Our sex drive can be all over the place. Sometimes it is feast or famine. What can I say about this, I told you we are complicated creatures.
- Sex toys will never replace you. First of all, you should count yourself lucky to be with a woman who openly embraces masturbation! Secondly, it is a fact that many, many women have trouble reaching orgasm without direct clitoral stimulation. In many cases, a good vibrator placed on the clitoris during penetration will do the trick.
- Just because you got off, don't think that the game is over for us. Offer further assistance like going down on us, fingering, or using a sex toy. Women enjoy orgasms just as much as men do, but it often takes us longer to achieve them.
Hopefully you have found this post helpful. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment.