"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there's any reaction, both are transformed." ~Carl Jung
If you are unsure if you are born flirt, here are a few statements that can help you determine your innate flirting quotient (fq).
- Do you find it relatively easy to talk to people you don't know?
- Do you enjoy people watching?
- Do you naturally give compliments?
- Do you make eye contact with strangers?
- Do you touch people when you talk to them?
- Do you know when someone is interested in you?
- Do you pick up on "vibes" that people give off?
- Can you put a smile on someone else's face?
- Do you follow up after meeting someone with a call or email?
- Do you tend to answer questions with another question?
- Do you know places where you can meet people?
If you found yourself answering the questions above with "nevers" or "sometimes" instead of "always" then your flirting quotient needs some help. Luckily for you, I *imagine myself pointing my thumbs back at my smiling face* know just the person who can help you.
I find it extremely interesting that much of the origins of flirting go back to the Victorian era. Back in the day, flirting was considered an art form and young women were taught how to flirt using common fashion accessories as props. Men, on the other hand, were taught how to recognize active flirting signals in women. Seriously, what a concept!
I would like to credit Andrew Bryant for being the inspiration for this blog post!
Catherine Toyooka is the founder of Catherine Coaches and is a blogger (d'uh!), sexuality speaker, educator, a dating coach, and sex coach, and a Sex & Relationships contributor for the examiner.com. You can also follow me on twitter and facebook. Please contact Catherine to arrange your FREE 20 minute phone consultation.