If you are a follower of my blog, then it's safe to say that you pretty much know me well! Here are a few tidbits you might not have known about me.
- I am the youngest of 3 sisters, but I am also the tallest and was the first to be married.
- I grew up in Winnetka, IL which is a very wealthy suburb of Chicago, and many of John Hughes' movies were filmed at places I knew well.
- I eat chocolate almost every day.....milk chocolate is my favorite.
- I'm a bit of an educational snob even though I am the least educated one in my family--it is no surprise that my husband has a PhD, my best friend has 2 Masters degrees, and both my sisters have a Masters degree.
- I spent my summers playing tennis at our home on Sanibel Island, FL. I've only visited Sanibel once in the last 20 years, but I still love it.
- I quickly lost my interest in tennis when I entered high school and became boy crazy.
- I have always been a huge flirt and one of my earliest flirt memories is probably from kindergarten when I used to hit and chase a boy around and then kiss him when I caught him.
- Being a September baby, I was always one of the youngest kids in my class. I entered high school when I was 13 and entered college when I was 17.
- I was a very average student at New Trier High School and I graduated in the bottom quartile of my graduating class.
- I managed to graduate college in 4 years even though I attended (in order) Regis University in Denver, Loyola of Chicago, Georgetown University (summer immersion course), and finally Scripps College.
- I graduated from Scripps College which is the women's college of the larger Claremont Colleges.
- I used to hate any sort of public speaking.
- My favorite dogs in the world are big yellow labs.
- I miss my mom everyday.
- I am not comfortable talking about politics and religion.
- I resisted blogging for a long time.
- I have always gotten along better with men then women.
- My super power is getting virtual strangers to open up about sex and relationships.
- At one of my jobs I worked with 2 transgendered people....one was male-to-female and the other was female-to-male.
- My male gay friends refer to me as the gayest man they have ever met.
- I used to detest spending any amount of time in bookstores (I never got farther then the magazine racks), and now I love it.
- I don't necessarily get along with any of my in-laws.
- I am technically an introvert.
- I can now add journalist to my bio as I just became a sex & relationship writer for the examiner.com.
- I still think blogging is a really weird concept and I'm kind of surprised people read my posts.
She is also the organizer of the monthly meetup.com group called "Flirting, Dating, and Sex Oh My!" She has several workshops scheduled in the upcoming weeks, and would love to meet you in person! You can also find her on twitter @catcoaches, facebook, and yelp.
Contact her to arrange your FREE 20 minute consultation.